British Columbia Genealogical Society Membership Benefits
- Research at the BCGS Walter Draycott Library and Resource Centre—free to members. Only members enjoy borrowing privileges at the Library which now holds over 15,000 genealogical publications and records.
- Receive four issues a year of The British Columbia Genealogist, the Society’s journal, featuring articles on worldwide genealogy, members’ interests, British Columbia pioneers, and news of local and international genealogical events and activities.
- Receive e-mail updates on current activities, new websites, etc.
- Enter the Private Members’ Only area on the BCGS website.
- Publish queries free in The British Columbia Genealogist and on the BCGS website.
- Save with special offers or free admission for most BCGS events and, from time to time, for events and activities of other groups, for instance, BCGS members receive a $5. discount on memberships in the Manitoba Genealogical Society, Ontario Genealogical Society and the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society.
- Participate fully in BCGS projects, such as transcribing & publishing British Columbia cemetery monumental inscriptions, or by volunteering at the BCGS Walter Draycott Library.
- Learn more about your areas of interest at BCGS education sessions and join any of the BCGS special interest groups.
- Help shape the future of genealogy in British Columbia, Canada and the world. The British Columbia Genealogical Society is a member of the international Federation of Family History Societies, the Canadian Historical Association and the British Columbia Historical Federation.
Annual Membership Fees (calendar year)
Individual $45.00 CDN, including International memberships
Family Associate $10.00 CDN (Same household, only 1 mailing)
Student (full time) $22.50 CDN
Affiliate Society $45.00 CDN
To pay new or renewal memberships on-line, please use the PayPal option here. If any questions, please contact the Webmaster.
Mailed membership applications should be sent to the BCGS at the Richmond. BC address below or these can be e-mailed to: email@example.com or handed to the Membership table at a BCGS meeting. Please make out cheques to the British Columbia Genealogical Society.
General Membership Meetings
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month throughout the year, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Check the BCGS website calendar for location. Visitors are always welcome. Note: Do NOT send mail to this address; the Society only rents space for the evening.
The BCGS Board
BCGS Executive Officers are elected each year at the Annual General Meeting in March. BCGS Directors are elected for a term of 3 years. Two are normally elected each March when their term expires.
BCGS Contacts and Volunteers
All the work of the BCGS is done by volunteers.
- View the BCGS Constitution & By Laws – PDF format.
If you do not have Adobe Reader, there is a free version available on the Adobe website:- http://www.adobe.com/ca
The British Columbia Genealogical Society is incorporated under the Society Act of British Columbia and has charitable status with Revenue Canada.
To donate to the British Columbia Genealogical Society on-line, please use the PayPal button below. Contact the Webmaster with any questions. Receipts will be issued for all donations over $10.00. Mailed donations should be sent to the Society’s address below in Richmond, BC.